Beer festival in Ljubljana will provide a bus from Zagreb

Pročitati... sam naslov govori sve

Moderatori/ce: Poljo,sharkyboy

Matt
Kontakt:

Beer festival in Ljubljana will provide a bus from Zagreb

Post Postao/la Matt » uto tra 28, 2015 11:56 am

Hey guys!

The organizer of the upcoming beer festival in Ljubljana will provide a bus from Zagreb and back for people who want to go and drink some tasty beer.

I asked him some questions about the festival and he replied:
There is no entrance fee. People pay 5€ deposit for the glass (which is refunded when is returned). Then they buy tokens (chips) and they buy samples (1,5dcl) with that tokens. Each token is worth 0,5€. The brewers and importers set the prices in tokens. The money goes too them. By my evaluation it will be more then 150 beers and more then 50 on tap approx.
In general the bus would start around 11h from Zagreb and it would go back around 1 a.m. in the morning. The bus will cost between 5-10€ maksimum.

In general:

On beer fest are glass glasses in which the brewers and distributers pour around 1,5 dcl so you can try more different beers. There are also going to be whiskys and food made with beer.

Workshops for now:
- Kids workshops for families
- Beginers homebrew workshops (cedevita beer)
- Whisky workshop
- About and usage of hops in beer workshop for brewers and homebrewers (from our hop institut in Žalec)
People who are interested in the bus should e-mail him directly, here:

info@festivalpiva.si
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

http://www.hrvatskohomebrewprvenstvo.beer

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » uto tra 28, 2015 11:57 am

The festival is on 22 and 23-05.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » uto tra 28, 2015 11:57 am

The description of the festival that he sent to me:
LJUBLJANA BEER FESTIVAL 2015 (description and goals)
The Ljubljana Beer Festival 2015, to take place for the fourth consecutive time in Ljubljana this May, is a cultural and social event aiming to promote the culture of beer consumption and production to the general public. In spite of the rise of microbreweries, an ever-increasing availability of different beers in pubs and bars, and the education efforts in the correct sampling of beer, beer culture is an area that remains uncharted in Slovenia. Interest in the Ljubljana Beer Festival is on the rise, with the number of visitors increasing almost threefold in recent years. This year the festival is to last 2 days, with some 7000 visitors expected, and will see around 150 types of beer from domestic breweries and foreign imports, as well as gourmet dishes made with beer. The Beer Fest will feature something for everyone – novices will be introduced to a selection of artisan beers, while those with more experience will be in for a top-notch beer craft experience.
The aim of the festival is to support Slovenian brewers and importers, as well as provide access to different types of beer. Even though Slovenia is a country with a prevalent wine culture, its inheritance and natural predisposition to growing hops, as well as the development of microbreweries (such as Human Fish, Vizir, Mali Grad, Reservoir Dogs, etc.) should not be overlooked. It was in fact on the Ljubljana Marshes where 3900 years old beer barrels were found, with old records also describing ‘hube’, serf farms, where hops was grown and beer brewed.
To promote responsible and informative beer sampling, festival beer will be served in return glass tulips, in small quantities, with access to free drinking water to freshen the taste. In this way the consumption of (plastic) waste will also be reduced. The Beer Festival will educate visitors on how to drink beer, promoting its consumption in smaller doses. We wish to show that beer offers a wide range of flavours, is suitable to many occasions, as well as culinary pursuits and food preparation.
The event itself is not just a promotion of beer culture, but also supports the development of Slovenian beer brewing, enabling new cooperation and socializing. A platform for brewers large and small to present their products, the festival allows for direct feedback from other brewers, importers and beer connoisseurs, providing access to experts and opening the doors to anyone who wants to try their hand at beer, be it as a beer lover or someone looking to become a professional.
As a cultural event, the festival sees in attendance many families with children, prompting us to organize a separate set of children’s workshops.
The festival welcomes all brewers, importers, bar and pub proprietors, and beer enthusiasts. All together will bring to life an event to socialize, familiarize and create new cooperation and knowledge about beer. The event is free of charge. The Ljubljana Beer Festival aims to become one of the most recognizable events in this region of Europe, going international in 2016. The festival establishes a tradition of beer lovers and connoisseurs socializing and developing beer culture in the heart of Slovenia.

WHERE TRADITION AND INNOVATION COME TOGETHER

ABOUT:

WHEN: 22 and 23 May 2015 (Friday, Saturday)
LOCATION: Kodeljevo Castle, Kobljarjeva 34, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

PROGRAMME:
FRIDAY, 22 MAY 2015
2 PM – 9.30 PM: BEER FESTIVAL AT KODELJEVO CASTLE
2 PM – 8 PM: CHILDREN’S WORKSHOPS IN THE CASTLE PARK
2 PM – 8 PM: EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS ABOUT BEER AND WHISKEY
9.30 PM – 3 AM: EVENING FESTIVITIES

SATURDAY, 23 MAY 2015
11 AM – 9.30 PM: BEER FESTIVAL AT KODELJEVO CASTLE
11 AM – 8 PM: CHILDREN’S WORKSHOPS IN THE CASTLE PARK
NOON – 8 PM: EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS ABOUT BEER AND WHISKEY/WHISKY
9.30 PM – 3 AM: EVENING FESTIVITIES

DURING THE BEER FESTIVAL THE FESTIVAL SHOP WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 9 PM.

The workshops thus far:
- How to brew beer at home (Association of Home Brewers).
- What do we know about whiskey? (Majda Debevc).
- Characteristics and use of hops in beer (Hop Institute Žalec).
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » uto tra 28, 2015 11:58 am

HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » uto tra 28, 2015 11:59 am

Mogwai, Dassa Goza, Fran and I will be there.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

ekser

Post Postao/la ekser » čet tra 30, 2015 11:26 am

upit iz usluge:

"jel bio ko prošlih godina i koliko se davalo za poneko pivo"

zbunjuje ljude koliko tokena je pivo i slično, jer prodavači odlučuju koliko tokena treba za sample, pa to ranije navedene ljude čini malo uneasy.
keep calm and čitaj dalje forum

miliwoj

Post Postao/la miliwoj » čet tra 30, 2015 11:36 am

poslao sam im upit na onu mail adresu koju je dao Matt, vezano za bus, ali nisam dobio odgovor.

je li netko drugi uspio dobiti odgovor, imate možda neki drugi kontakt?

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » čet tra 30, 2015 12:10 pm

ekser je napisao/la:upit iz usluge:

zbunjuje ljude koliko tokena je pivo i slično, jer prodavači odlučuju koliko tokena treba za sample, pa to ranije navedene ljude čini malo uneasy.
99% of the beer festivals I have been to have the seller setting the price and the price varies. Great British Beer Festival? Yes. Every beer has its own price. Belgian Beer Weekend in Brussels? Yes. They sell tokens that have a certain value, then each stand tells you 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 tokens for their beer. When you go to the store, is every beer priced the same? Does Duvel cost the same as Žuja? That would be a no. I have been to a LOT of festivals and the ONLY one I have seen that had a set price was Copenhagen Beer Celebration. For that, you pay about 450 kuna for one session that is 4 hours or something. Then all beer inside is free. It ain't cheap, though.

That said, I have never been to this festival, so it remains to be seen what I will think of it.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » čet tra 30, 2015 12:18 pm

miliwoj je napisao/la:poslao sam im upit na onu mail adresu koju je dao Matt, vezano za bus, ali nisam dobio odgovor.

je li netko drugi uspio dobiti odgovor, imate možda neki drugi kontakt?
The address I posted is for the bus ride. He should not be contacted any other way. I have e-mailed him and asked him to reply to people or set up an auto reply. I'm sure he's compiling a list of how many people are interested so he can see what size bus he needs to rent.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » čet tra 30, 2015 12:33 pm

The organizer sends his apologies and said he will reply soon. He has to deal with all of the stuff for the festival and is understandably a little busy. Anyway, you will hear from him soon.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

ekser

Post Postao/la ekser » čet tra 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Matt je napisao/la:
ekser je napisao/la:upit iz usluge:

99% of the beer festivals I have been to have the seller setting the price and the price varies. Great British Beer Festival? Yes. Every beer has its own price. Belgian Beer Weekend in Brussels? Yes. They sell tokens that have a certain value, then each stand tells you 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 tokens for their beer. When you go to the store, is every beer priced the same? Does Duvel cost the same as Žuja? That would be a no. I have been to a LOT of festivals and the ONLY one I have seen that had a set price was Copenhagen Beer Celebration. For that, you pay about 450 kuna for one session that is 4 hours or something. Then all beer inside is free. It ain't cheap, though.

That said, I have never been to this festival, so it remains to be seen what I will think of it.
yep, I'm aware of different price ranges for different beers, naturally, but my friend (who is planning on going to Slovenian event) wonders if someone has experience from the same event from, dunno, last year and can tell something about its specific prices for some of beers? If yes, great, but if not, he’ll just have to find it by himself :)

kajser

Post Postao/la kajser » čet tra 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Bili smo fran, amras, davor i ja prosle godine.
Vecina slovenskih piva su 1 token 1.5 dl, a isto vrijedi i za dobar dio ostatka ponude (vecina njemackih i ponesto engleskih, belgijance i nismo previse dirali).
Ako se ne varam bilo je i par situacija gdje se nudilo 0.5 l za 2 tokena, a i par di se nudilo 1.5 dl za isto 2 tokena (Ayinger Celebrator mislim). Osobno je u najljepsem sjecanju ostao High Water Brewing Campfire Stout koji se tocio na Za Popent standu na nacin 1.5dl za 3 tokena (1.5€ dakle), a kada se uzme u obzir da u ducanu 0.75l boca dode 13€ mozemo reci da postoje i vrhunske pive na kojima se jeftino prode. Nazalost nemogu ti reci detaljnije cijene jer eto... popilo se :D
Dojmovi su super i ove godine idem opet sigurno unatoc cinjenici da se ponesto ukiseljenih slovenaca nudilo pod sasvim normalno pivo, ali upravo zato je dobro da se dobije 1.5dl, a ne 0.5 l pa se lako prede na sljedeci, bolji primjer.

Matt
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Matt » čet tra 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Dobra informacija, Kajser. Hvala!

Ekser, evo! On zna! Sounds pretty good to me. Hoping it's a fun time.
HOMEBREWING OD 1997
PIVSKI SUDAC OD 1999

ekser

Post Postao/la ekser » čet tra 30, 2015 1:54 pm

yep, very useful, thanks guys... starting to think to visit it by myself, too

miliwoj

Post Postao/la miliwoj » pon svi 04, 2015 8:27 am

Hvala! Nadam se da se vidimo

Odgovori